Our practical Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PB stair set puts light where it is needed: in the middle of the steps. The set includes all components for indirect light in combination with a discreet light line on your staircase. Our LED modules give your illuminated step edges a colour temperature of 4500 K (neutral white). Staircases with up to 15 steps can be illuminated with the set. With the practical LIPROTEC-PB 1 single-step sets, the installation can be extended by up to 18 steps, with only a single supply line, in case of additional demand.
The set includes:
- 15 stair edge profiles (LIPROTEC-PB)
- 15 diffuser lenses (LIPROTEC-PBD)
- 1 connection cable
- 1 supply cable (LIPROTEC-ZZK)
- 1 power supply unit (LIPROTEC-EKE)
- 1 x installation/mounting instruction
- Available as a set
What this product does
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PB is a high-quality stair edge profile with a visible area of 25 mm. It offers the possibility of mounting different Schlüter-LIPROTEC-ES LED strips.
In combination with Schlüter-TREP profiles (except TREP-T), visually appealing and safe stair edge lighting can be installed with this pre-assembled set.
Differing lighting effects can be created by using two different diffuser lenses. The use of the Schlüter-LIPROTEC-VBI diffuser lens enables indirect lighting from the profile edge via adjacent materials as landing edge lighting to the step.
When using the Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PBD diffuser lens, in addition to indirect lighting, direct lighting can be seen as a 3 mm wide light strip.
The profile offers the possibility to mount the supply cable of the LED strip.
Another application area of LIPROTEC-PB is the direct or indirect illumination of kitchen work surface front edges.
The diffuser lenses and LEDs used with all profiles of the Schlüter-LIPROTEC series can be replaced even in installed condition.
Matching end caps are available as accessories.
Note: The set is only suitable for use in indoor applications. The set is designed for straight staircases. The respective stair profiles for the covering material has to be ordered separately.
How to install this product
Note: Please observe the corresponding Schlüter-LIPROTEC installation instructions for installing lighting technology and for planning and positioning cables - especially for the Schlüter-LIPROTEC set versions.
- The covering material on the riser must be set so that the top edge of the covering is at the correct height (minus the height of LIPROTEC-PB).
- Suitable tile adhesive is applied along the edge area above the riser.
- The cable can be routed from the end of the profile or drilled through the profile. The drill hole must be deburred.
- The LIPROTEC-PB cavities must be filled with suitable tile adhesive and then pressed fully into the adhesive bed above the riser and aligned. The cable conduit must be taken into account here.
With respect to thicker layers of adhesive in the edge area, use an appropriate dry set or medium set mortar.
Note: Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PB should only be pressed into the adhesive bed deep enough to leave the integrated diffuser lens accessible.
- The selected Schlüter-TREP profile must be installed according to the respective product data sheet and pressed into the adhesive bed over the entire surface.
- Mitre the corner formations. Schlüter-LIPROTEC-D/V corner connectors are available for the mechanical connection of the mitres.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PB is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AEEB = brushed stainless steel effect anodised aluminium
- PMMA = Polymethyl methacrylate
Material properties and areas of application
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PB-AE /-AEEB (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil.
Schlüter-LIPROTEC diffuser lenses are made of a slightly structured, translucent thermoplastic PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate).
Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Remove all adhesive and grouting material immediately.
Alcohol (e.g. rubbing alcohol) as well as detergents with a surfactant content over 5% can cause damage to the diffuser lens.
Note: The profiles with their diffuser lens covers must be positioned so that no water can collect inside.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PB requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Due to minor heat development of the Schlüter LED strips used in the profile, the expansion of the profile and the utilised diffuser lens may differ.