To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Balcony edge profile with drip lip
Schlüter-BARA-RAKEG is an edge profile with drip lip made of colour-coated aluminium for installation on existing sloped screeds. It is especially suited for assemblies with our bonded uncoupling membrane Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN. The closed outer edges also give the exterior perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance.
BARA-RAKEG can be ordered in colours individually chosen by you. Choose from 190 MyDesign RAL colours to add a touch of colour to your balcony or terrace.
- MyDesign RAL color
What this product does
Schlüter-BARA-RAKEG is a finishing profile for the exposed edges of covering assemblies on balconies and terraces with finished sloped screeds.
The BARA-RAKEG profile is specifically designed for use with the bonded uncoupling membrane Schlüter-DITRA. The closed outer edges give the exterior perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance.
BARA-RAKEG creates a neat appearance and protects the exposed edges from weather influences and corrosion.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-BARA-RAKEG according to the tile thickness.
- As an edge finishing profile, BARA-RAKEG is embedded into the thin-bed mortar setting material with the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg aligned at the edge of the screed. Completely cover the anchoring leg with mortar.
- Install Schlüter-DITRA, abutting the anchoring leg. Apply the sealing band Schlüter-KERDI-KEBA to create the connection to the profile. The sealing tape must be adhered with an overlap of at least 5 mm over DITRA, covering the entire anchoring leg to the undercut profile of the protruding bonding flange of BARA-RAKEG, using the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX. The tiles can then be applied directly using the thin-bed method, observing the installation instructions (see product data sheet for Schlüter-DITRA). Maintain a proper joint between the tiles and the anchoring leg of BARA-RAKEG, to be filled with suitable elastomeric sealing compound.
- If using a trowel-applied waterproofing compound, integrate BARA-RAKEG into the waterproofing system by installing the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg in the exposed edge area. Make sure to continue the waterproofing membrane over the undercut profile of the protruding bonding flange.
If using bonded waterproofing systems, observe the installation instructions of the respective manufacturer.
Note: Prefabricated corners and connectors are available to create internal and external corners. Abut the profile ends of BARA-RAKEG with a joint of approx. 5 mm and conceal the joint with snap-on connectors, using the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX.
The applicable instructions and installation guidelines for the relevant covering assemblies must be observed.
All utilised materials must be weather-resistant, waterproof and suitable for outdoor areas.
What this product is made from
The profiles are available in the following material version:
- AC = colour-coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
The coating of the aluminium profiles is colour-stable as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion.
In special cases, the suitability of Schlüter-BARA-RAKEG must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and mechanical stresses.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-BARA-RAKEG requires no special maintenance or care. The coated surface of the aluminium profile is UV-resistant and colour-stable. Damaged visible surfaces can be restored with paint.