To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Balcony edge profile with drip lip
Schlüter-BARA-RAKE is a high-quality edge profile with drop lip made of colour-coated aluminium for installation on existing sloped screeds. The perforated outer edges not only give the outer perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance, they make the profile especially suited for assemblies with our bonded drainage mat Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN.
BARA-RAKE can be ordered in colours individually chosen by you. Choose from 190 MyDesign RAL colours to add a touch of colour to your balcony or terrace.
- MyDesign RAL color
What this product does
Schlüter-BARA-RAKE is a finishing profile for the exposed edges of covering assemblies on balconies and terraces with finished sloped screeds.
BARA-RAKE is especially suited for assemblies with the bonded drainage mat Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN. The perforated outer edges give the exterior perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance.
The profile also covers the exposed edges of the bonded drainage assembly DITRA-DRAIN below the covering. The cross section of the profile openings is sufficiently large to guarantee drainage and ventilation.
BARA-RAKE is installed in the edge area by adhering the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg with a dry setting thin-bed tile adhesive.
Schlüter-KERDI may be used as a bonded waterproofing assembly. Other options for waterproofing include trowel-applied bonded waterproofing compounds.
BARA-RAKE results in a clean edge finish and protects the open screed edges from weather and corrosion.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-BARA-RAKE according to the tile thickness.
- As an edge finishing, BARA-RAKE is embedded into the thin-bed mortar setting material with the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg aligned at the edge of the screed. Completely cover the anchoring leg with mortar.
- Install Schlüter-KERDI over the anchoring leg and cover the undercut profile of the protruding adhesive flange of BARA-RAKE, using the sealing adhesive KERDI-COLL-L.
- If using a trowel applied sealing compound, align the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg of BARA-RAKE in the waterproofing assembly at the exposed edge. Make sure to continue the waterproofing membrane over the undercut profile of the protruding bonding flange.
If using bonded waterproofing systems, observe the installation instructions of the respective manufacturer.
- Adhere the bonded drainage membrane Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN on the bonded waterproofing assembly, making sure to continue the membrane to below the joint spacer integrated in the profile. It must be ensured that the drainage space is not fully closed, including during the installation of the covering materials.
- The tiles can then be applied directly using the thin-bed method, observing the installation instructions (see product data sheet for Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN). Maintain a proper joint between the tiles and the anchoring leg of BARA-RAKE, to be filled with suitable elastomeric sealing compound.
Note: Prefabricated corners and connectors are available to create internal and external corners. Abut the profile ends of BARA-RAKE with a joint of approx. 5 mm and conceal the joint with snap-on connectors, using the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX.
The applicable instructions and installation guidelines for the relevant covering assemblies must be observed.
All utilised materials must be weather-resistant, waterproof and suitable for outdoor areas.
What this product is made from
The profiles are available in the following material version:
- AC = colour-coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
The coating of the aluminium profiles is colour-stable as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion.
In special cases, the suitability of Schlüter-BARA-RAKE must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and mechanical stresses.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-BARA-RAKE requires no special maintenance or care. The coated surface of the aluminium profile is UV-resistant and colour-stable. Damaged visible surfaces can be restored with paint.