To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Schlüter-BARA-RKKE T-shaped finishing profile
Schlüter-BARA-RKKE is a T-shaped finishing profile made of colour-coated aluminium. It has a short drip lip and is designed for installation over finished sloped screeds. Schlüter-BARA-RKKE is particularly suited for assemblies with our bonded drainage mat Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN, thanks to its perforated outer edge. This also gives the exterior perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance.
BARA-RKKE can be ordered in colours individually chosen by you. Choose from 190 MyDesign RAL colours to add a touch of colour to your balcony or terrace.
- MyDesign RAL color
General product information
What this product does
Schlüter-BARA-RKKE is a T-shaped finishing profile with a short drip lip for the exposed edges of covering assemblies on balconies and terraces with finished sloped screeds.
BARA-RKKE is especially suited for assemblies with the bonded drainage mat Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN. Its perforated outer edges give the exterior perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance.
The profile also covers the exposed edges of the bonded drainage assembly DITRA-DRAIN below the covering. The cross section of the profile openings is sufficiently large to guarantee drainage and ventilation.
BARA-RKKE creates a neat finish and protects the exposed edges from weather influences and corrosion. The profile is installed in the edge area by adhering the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg with a dry setting thin-bed tile adhesive.
To create a bonded waterproofing assembly, attach Schlüter-KERDI with the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX, fully covering the perforated anchoring leg and the bonding flange. If using trowel-applied chemical materials for bonded waterproofing, follow the installation instructions of the respective manufacturer.
Thanks to the short design of the drip lip, BARA-RKKE is particularly well suited for balconies and terraces with railings mounted on the front side.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-BARA-RKKE according to the assembly height.
- As a finishing profile, BARA-RKKE is embedded into the thin-bed mortar setting material with the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg aligned at the edge of the screed. Completely cover the anchoring leg with mortar. Seal the abutting joints of the profiles with the self-adhesive anchoring fleece Schlüter-BARA-HV.
- Adhere Schlüter-KERDI over the entire anchoring leg and up to the angled edge of BARA-RKKE, using the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX.
- If using a trowel-applied waterproofing compound, integrate BARA-RKKE into the waterproofing system by installing the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg in the exposed edge area. The waterproofing material must reach the angled edge of the profile.
If using bonded waterproofing systems, observe the installation instructions of the respective manufacturer.
- Adhere the bonded drainage membrane Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN on the bonded waterproofing assembly, making sure to continue the membrane to below the joint spacer integrated in the profile. The profile heights 21 and 23 mm are also suitable for use with Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN 8. It must be ensured that the drainage space is not fully closed, including during the installation of the covering materials.
- The tiles can then be applied directly using the thin-bed method, observing the installation instructions (see product data sheet for Schlüter-DITRA-DRAIN). Maintain a proper joint between the tiles and the anchoring leg of BARA-RKKE, to be filled with suitable elastomeric sealing compound.
Prefabricated corner pieces are available to create internal and external corners. Abut the profile ends of BARA-RKKE with a joint of approx. 5 mm and conceal the joint with snap-on connectors, using the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX.
The applicable instructions and installation guidelines for the relevant covering assemblies must be observed. All utilised materials must be weather-resistant, waterproof and suitable for outdoor areas.
What this product is made from
The profiles are available in the following material version:
- AC = colour-coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
The coating of the aluminium profiles is colour-stable as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion. In special cases, the suitability of Schlüter-BARA-RKKE must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and mechanical stresses.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-BARA-RKKE requires no special maintenance or care. The coated surface of the aluminium profile is UV-resistant and colour-stable. Damaged visible surfaces can be restored with paint.