To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Finishing profile made of colour coated aluminium
Schlüter-FINEC-SQ-AC is a decorative finishing profile made of colour coated aluminium for the edges of tile coverings. The profile creates a square corner detail with a 4.5 mm visible surface. In addition to its decorative effect, FINEC-SQ-AC also provides reliable edge protection to prevent damage to tile edges and coverings caused by mechanical stresses. Especially suitable for wall coverings, skirtings and natural stone coverings, FINEC-SQ-AC is available in heights of 11, 12.5 and 15 mm.
The aluminium profile is available in the colour coated versions MBW (matte brilliant white) and MGS (matte graphite black).
The corner pieces QUADEC-AC/EV or QUADEC-AC/ED in a height of 4.5 mm can be used for creating simple and elegant connections of FINEC-SQ-AC to internal and external corners.
- MyDesign RAL color
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-FINEC-SQ-AC in accordance with the tile thickness.
- Press the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg of the profile firmly into the adhesive and align it (in the case of adjoining plaster or render place the anchoring leg on a suitable adhesive area first).
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
Corner formation with FINEC-SQ-AC
- Chamfer the adjoining tiles in the area of the profile by 45°.
Use the matching corner pieces from the Schlüter-QUADEC profile series in a height of 4.5 mm to create 3 way external corners.
- Firmly press the tiles into the adhesive and align them in such a way that the upper profile edge is flush with the tile. The tiles must be fully embedded in the area of the profile. Leave a joint of approximately 1.5 mm.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of adhesive, plaster or render should be removed immediately, especially from aluminium finishes.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following finishes:
- AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-FINEC-SQ is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes. In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
FINEC-SQ-AC (colour coated aluminium):
The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-FINEC-SQ-AC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.