What this product does
INDEC can also be used as a transition or framing profile for doors and windows, and creates a shadow joint at the perimeter when used in this way. In addition to its decorative effect, INDEC also offers reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area.
Matching prefabricated parts are available to create simple and elegant connections of INDEC profiles to exterior corners.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-INDEC according to the tile thickness.
- At the edge areas of the tile covering, apply the tile adhesive with a notched trowel. If INDEC is used at external wall corners, finish tiling one wall first and then apply tile adhesive to the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of INDEC into the adhesive bed and align the profile.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the adjoining tiles and align them flush with the top edge of the profile. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- Leave a gap of approx. 1.5 mm. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-INDEC is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- ACG = polished chrome anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of the selected material type must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-INDEC (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Visible areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
For this reason, remove mortar or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings until dry. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-INDEC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive surfaces.
Damage to anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.