Balcony and terrace assemblies must withstand weather conditions in all seasons. They need effective drainage to ensure their safety and durability. Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL is a drainage channel which can be installed in balconies and terraces with a low connecting height to door elements to prevent the accumulation of water. Water runs off below the surface covering in the area drainage system to the drainage exit. It is designed for installation over our surface drainage mats TROBA or TROBA-PLUS. Choose between a perforated or closed bottom channel depending on the installation requirements.
Widths: 75 mm / 110 mm / 160 mm
Heights: 20 mm / 40 mm
Lengths: 0.75 m / 1 m / 1.5 m / 2 m
Reinforcements are available in the event of higher traffic loads.
What this product does
The waterproofing assemblies of balconies and terraces frequently lack sufficient height to connect smoothly to fixed building components, door elements or walls.
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL consists of perforated, U-shaped upper and lower components and is designed for installation over our surface drainage mats TROBA or TROBA-PLUS. Any accumulated water reaches the drainage level through the openings of the drainage channel and flows to the drainage channel between the waterproofing assembly and the covering.
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TLG features a closed base to help channel the water to a lateral outlet.
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/V are reinforcements that can be used in case of larger anticipated stresses.
Supplementary system products
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/H is a height adjustment insert that allows for the seamless height adjustment of the 40 mm perforated drainage channels TROBA-LINE-TL and TROBA-LINE-TLR/-TLR-E with a height of 0 to 40 mm.
TL2 H height adjustment of H = 0 - 20 mm
TL4 H height adjustment of H = 20 - 40 mm
Width: 75 mm / 110 mm / 160 mm
Length: 135 mm
In the event of higher traffic loads, e.g. from foot traffic or wheelchairs, it is recommended to use the reinforcement Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/V for 110 and 160 mm widths.
Height: 20 mm / 40 mm
Length: 0.75 m / 1 m / 1.5 m / 2 m
How to install this product
- Balconies or terraces must feature a functional and sloped waterproofing assembly.
- Place TROBA-LINE-TL on spots of mortar or use the height adjustment TROBA-LINE-TL/H in the area of door elements or wall connections to prevent the accumulation of water. When installing TROBA-LINE, make sure that the number of mortar spots or the height adjustments supporting TROBA-LINE are appropriate for the anticipated stresses. To ensure proper water drainage, place mortar only under a part of the channel.
- As a general rule, TROBA or TROBA-PLUS should be installed over the waterproofing assembly as a surface drainage and protection mat. Regardless of the covering system, be sure to leave a sufficiently large drainage space above the waterproofing assembly to safely channel the water through TROBA-LINE-TL to the drainage exit.
- Multiple channel elements can be connected with the supplied U-shaped brackets. These U-shaped brackets can also serve as end caps.
- The screed or other selected covering assembly can now be installed in such a way that it abuts the properly aligned
Depending on the anticipated stresses, it may be necessary to install the reinforcement Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/V for the drainage channels TROBA-LINE-TL and -TLG in the widths 110 mm and 160 mm.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL /-TLG are made of stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304) and are formed from perforated stainless steel strip material.
Material properties and areas of application
The suitability of the selected drainage elements for a specific project in the respective width (75 mm, 110 mm, 160 mm) must be verified based on the anticipated water volume and mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Stainless steel is particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such acidic or alkaline detergents. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL requires no special maintenance or care. The drainage channel should be cleaned as needed and kept free of debris that can cause clogging. The upper component can be removed for cleaning out the lower section. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.