Do you want to accentuate the internal and external corners of your walls with accent lighting? This is particularly easy with the plug-and-play connections from LIPROTEC-EASY.
The Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLPE LED module consists of a flexible, fully encased LED strip with homogeneous light dispersion and an aluminium attachment profile. With the LED modules, coloured RGB+W light strips with more than 16 million different hues and colour temperatures of 2500 K – 6500 K can be created.
LIPROTEC-LLLP can be easily shortened at the marked cutting points and sealed with the supplied end caps (LIPROTEC-PES) to maintain its IP degree of protection. We recommend LIPROTEC-LLE/EK as end caps for the profile.
- Inner corners of rooms
- External corners of rooms
- Walls in showers
- LED can be shortened
- IP X7
What this product does
This LIPROTEC module can be installed in external or internal corners of rooms, as accent lighting. In shower areas, it should be installed vertically only. The Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE attachment profile consists of anodised or colour-coated aluminium (see product data sheet 15.7 Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE).
How to install this product
- For information on installing the supply cable, the power supply and the controller, refer to the installation manual.
- Before the modules are installed, their functionality has to be checked.
- In advance, the supply cable has to be positioned as appropriate for the cable opening in the attachment profile.
- The LED strip has to be removed from the profile before the profile is installed. Please refer to the respective data sheets for installation details of the individual profiles. During installation of the profile, the bushing of the connecting cable has to be routed through the cable opening of the attachment profile from the rear.
- If used in a wet zone, the IP-protected LED strip has to be shortened at an angle of 45° at the marked positions. The Schlüter-PROCUT special cutting tool is particularly suitable for this purpose. Make sure that the LED strip has been separated from the power supply before working on it.
The cut surface of the LED strip has to be waterproofed with the supplied silicone sealing caps and special glue. First, apply an adequate amount of adhesive to the bonding surfaces of the silicone sealing cap. Subsequently, insert the silicone sealing cap into the LED strip and press it in position for approx. 30 seconds. Check whether the end cap is properly connected to the LED strip. Remove excess adhesive with a cloth. After a curing period of approx. 30 minutes, the silicone end cap is firmly glued in place. The LED strip has been sealed and can now be used.
- After the profiles have been installed, the LED strip is connected to the supply cable by means of the plug-&-play connection and is carefully pressed into the attachment profile.
For more information on installation, refer to the supplied assembly manual.
Installation in wet zones
The modules can be installed in areas subject to wet conditions (e.g. showers) by using the Schlüter-LIPROTEC-PZH hollow wall box with attached Schlüter-KERDI waterproofing collar. It creates a hollow space for plug connections, to reversibly install the plug-and-play LED modules. To insert the hollow wall box, a cutout with a size of 40 x 120 mm and a depth of min. 20 mm has to be made in the wall. The connection cable has to be routed through the cable duct. Make sure that the heat shrink tube on the connection cable ends up in the area with the sealing collar. The cable conduit is fastened crosswise with two cable ties included in the scope of supply, and thus sealed. Subsequently the cable ties have to be shortened. The hollow wall box is placed in the cutout produced and the sealing collar is sealed on the bonded waterproofing with Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L. The self-adhesive KERDI collar has to be placed in such a way that the hollow wall box is sealed on all sides. Make an opening only where the cable opening of the attachment profile will later be positioned.
Note: In high-moisture areas, position the hollow wall box in such a way that water cannot permanently accumulate in it.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-LIPROTEC modules are available in the following material versions:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- EB = brushed stainless steel V4A material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L
- Fluorinated, platinum-cured silicone, Shore hardness 60, degree of protection IP67
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of LIPROTEC modules must be verified, based on the anticipated chemical or mechanical stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Anodised aluminium: The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media.
Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
Remove adhesive or grout immediately from visible areas and don't cover freshly installed assemblies with a protective foil. The profile has to be solidly embedded in the tile adhesive to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
Stainless steel: Stainless steel can withstand high mechanical stress and is highly resistant against chemicals. Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses. Substances such as hydrochloric or hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations may cause damage. Special anticipated stresses should therefore always be verified in advance.
Uncut LED modules have IP67 protection. Shortened LED modules can reach compliance with protection level IP67 if they are properly sealed with the supplied end caps.
The fluorinated LED strips made of platinum-cured silicone are dirt-repellent and have a Shore hardness of 60.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-LIPROTEC modules require no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid, as well as naphtha (ingredient of silicone removers).