How to install this product
Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD in partition walls
- The edge of Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD is adhered at a fixed wall so that the KERDI-BOARD partition wall is integrated into the tile covering installed on the wall. If possible, the partition wall should be incorporated between the KERDI-BOARD panels attached to the fixed wall. As an alternative, a matching angle or U-shaped profile of the system may first be fastened to the fixed wall with screws to integrate the partition wall.
- Partition walls with an exposed side can be stabilised with a U-shaped profile included in the system. If fittings are to be attached to the U-shaped profile, the matching flat plastic profile Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD-ZFP should be adhered to the underside of the U-shaped profile to achieve better support for the screws. U-shaped profiles can also be used in floor and ceiling connections.
- All vertical and horizontal KERDI-BOARD joints must be sealed with cementitious tile adhesive or KERDI-FIX if applicable. A matching angle or U-shaped profile may be adhered in one or several bed joints to help stabilise longer partition walls.
- Depending on the individual construction requirements, such partition walls represent lightweight wall panels without static verification. As a general rule, the panels should have a thickness of 50 mm. Panels used for shelf structures may have a thickness of 19 mm or more. This should be determined based on local requirements at the site.
Pipe panelling made of Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD
- The angle profiles and U-shaped elements of KERDI-BOARD offer a solution for quick and easy panelling of pipes and electrical installations.
- The components, which are shipped flat, have V-shaped grooves and are initially cut the required size. A single U-shaped element can also be cut into two angle elements with shorter anchoring legs.
- The elements are folded for installation and a prepared adhesive strip in the V-shaped groove holds the element together.
- Adhere the KERDI-BOARD U-shaped or angle elements to existing walls with the edges of the panel, using cementitious tile adhesive or KERDI-FIX. If necessary, start by fastening the angle profile Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD-ZW at the wall for stable attachment.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD is made of an extruded XPS rigid foam with a cement-free reinforcement layer and an anchoring fleece laminated on both sides. The upper face of the board is imprinted with 10 x 10 mm square gridlines.
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD is waterproof and resistant to any chemical stresses that typically occur in conjunction with tiled coverings. Where required, a certified bonded waterproofing assembly can be created with KERDI-BOARD.
KERDI-BOARD is completely level and remains free of distortions and decay. It will not rot and is highly stable, even with
one side exposed to temperature fluctuations and moisture.
KERDI-BOARD is ideal for a wide variety of applications. Product suitability must be verified in applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Substrates on which KERDI-BOARD is to be installed must be checked for sufficient stability and other project-related requirements. If directly adhering the product, remove all surface components that may weaken the bond. Alternatively, the product can be fastened mechanically with the corresponding anchors or screws.
Select a sufficient material thickness for building free-standing partition walls, shelves etc. out of KERDI-BOARD. Reinforcement profiles may be needed.
In floor areas, the use of KERDI-BOARD is restricted to areas with foot traffic. Depending on the system, stepping on such coverings with hard shoes or tapping them with a hard object may produce a hollow sound.
Select the material thickness and installation method according to the levelness of the substrate. Thin panels of KERDI-BOARD (5 mm) must be fully embedded in the adhesive.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Store KERDI-BOARD on a flat surface or in another suitable form. When stored outside, the product must be protected against direct sun exposure and weather.
Bathroom features such as vanities, toilets or other heavy objects installed with the product must be anchored in the weight-bearing substrate. In case of substrates comprising stud structures or on-wall installation, attachment to the weight-bearing elements is mandatory. In addition, an abutment must be installed at the bottom of such structures, which may need to be reinforced.